- 1 stick + 2 TBSP unsalted butter (10 TBSP)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Crispix Cereal (or Wheat Chex)
- 3 cups Cheerios (or O cereal)
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 12 ounces mixed nuts (about 1 3/4 cups)
- Place butter in bottom of roasting pan in preheating oven, set to 250ºF. Allow butter to melt completely, about 5 minutes or so.
- Once butter has melted, remove pan from oven and add Worcestershire sauce and seasonings, stir to combine. Add in cereal, pretzels and nuts stirring really well until sauce has coated mixture. Stir really well using spatula, getting in all of the corners of the pan.
- Bake chex mix for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow chex mix to cool completely before storing. TIP: Spread out chex mix in large baking sheets so it’s in one layer to speed up cooling process.
If adding chocolate candies, be sure to let the chex mix cool entirely before adding in and storing.
Recipe can be made vegan friendly by using plant-based butter, and a vegan friendly Worcestershire sauce.
Prep time includes cooling time.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 297
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 19