Fit Mitten Kitchen’s 2016 Holiday Gift Guide, for the baker!
You guyysssss… I’m going there. We are officially in holiday mode on FMK. Yes yes, I know Thanksgiving comes first. But what’s the harm in starting your holiday shopping a little bit early? Don’t you start looking at all of those holiday ads at some point during Thanksgiving anyway? 😀 I actually love the time from November to December–it’s festive, brings people together and there really is this joy and warmth in the air. It just gives you all the FEELS.
Not to mention Harry Potter is on TV all the time during these months and holiday movies are just the best. The Santa Clause. Love Actually. The Holiday. The Family Stone. Elf. Just Friends. Home Alone.
AH! I am so excited.
But back to gift giving. I’m hoping you have some bakers or future bakers in your life and this gift guide helps you. OR maybe you’re the baker and if you love these ideas, share with friends and family! There’s a range of price options here so there is something for everyone 🙂
Holiday Gift Guide: For Bakers
1. KitchenAid Stand Mixer – Makes prepping cinnamon roll dough a breeze, plus perfect for making big batches of cookies. The KitchenAid stand mixer is a must for the baker. It’s certainly an investment, but if you feel like spoiling the baker in your life, let this gift be it. Plus when taken care of properly, I’ve heard of them lasting for at least 15 years. Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I have “pear”. I know, it was a huge life decision not to get a turquoise one… I kind of still want another <– Don’t tell Drew.
2. Mixing Bowls with Lids – If your baker doesn’t have a set of mixing bowls, I’d highly suggest getting various sizes with lids. The lids are great for when you’re chilling cookie dough, but having lids also makes them great for other uses like pasta or salads.
3. Stainless Steel Measuring Cups & Spoons – A quality set of stainless steel measuring cups and spoons will last forever! They’ll make such a great gift. When I saw these at the store in Sur La Table while visiting Seattle I felt like they were a necessity. I actually don’t even have a set of these myself but they’re certainly on my list.
4. Sturdy Spatula – Another must-have baking tool. From hand mixing muffin batter to combining heavy ingredients, having a sturdy spatula will make the process of combining your ingredients much easier. Especially these bars.
5. Cookie Scoop – Every baker NEEDS a cookie scoop. They make the most perfect cookie shape and the medium size is the most versatile. I even use mine for dispensing batter into muffin tins, or sometimes scooping seeds out of squash.
6. Cookie Sheet – So if you’re getting the baker in your life a cookie scoop then naturally they need a set of quality cookie sheets. I really like the flat sheets for baking cookies because it makes it easier to remove the cookies from the tray (compared to ones with an edge). I use the Cuisinart ones linked and haven’t had any issues.
7. Cooling Rack – Definitely another baking must. It’s essential that baked goods are transferred to cooling racks after they’re taken out of the oven, because they’ll actually continue baking on the tray (or in the pan) if left without taking off the hot tray (or pan).
8. Silicone Baking Mat – These are so nice for baking cookies on and rolling out dough. I always line my baking sheets with either a silicone mat or parchment paper, but the silicone mat is reusable time and time again, so less waste!
9. Mini Cast Iron Skillet – Okay, yes. A mini cast iron skillet so your baker can make the cutest little single-serving desserts! And maybe they’ll share with you… maybe not. On second thought, get two.
10. Microplane – Having a microplane zester will make zesting citrus for baked goods SO MUCH EASIER. Your baker needs a microplane. Trust me, I went years without one always grumbling about zesting, even though I especially love lemon baked goods. Then I received the Microplane as a gift and I can now zest without anger 🙂
11. Vanilla Extract Gift Set – A baker cannot go without quality vanilla extract. Now is the time indulge a little and gift the good stuff! This gift set I found on Williams Sonoma and would be the perfect gift! Gifting vanilla beans is a great option too.
12. King Arthur Espresso Powder – Something I love (secretly) adding to chocolate baked goods is espresso powder. Get the baker in your life this quality espresso powder and I am certain they will thank you in the form of chocolate cake.
13. Fun Cake Carrier – I was browsing around World Market the other day for fun and spotted this cake stand. Naturally I love it because it has turquoise in it, but even if it were all white, it’s still pretty fun, right?! Definitely makes for a cute gift.
14. Cute Cookie Jar – To put all of the freshly baked and cooled cookies in, of course! I have this jar 😀
15. Baking is Love Sign – I love kitchen wall art and this one is too cute! I actually bought this in downtown Saugatuck, MI after our wedding and gave it to my best baking Pal <3 And this shop has lots of other cute signs and handmade crafts too. Can’t go wrong with a gift like this 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this holiday gift guide and it gives you some ideas to take the stress out of holiday shopping!
Do do you have anything to add to this gift list? What is on your list?
Pin for later
NOTE: This post contains some Amazon affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through those links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your continued support!