The simplest Whole Wheat Orange Muffins! Dairy-free, made with Trop50 and ready in 30 minutes. Perfect with breakfast! Vegan-tested and approved.
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat white flour*
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (or dry sweetener of choice)
- zest of 2 medium oranges
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Trop50
- 1/4 cup avocado oil**
- 1 large egg***
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (sub orange for more flavor, or even almond)
- 2–3 TBS coconut butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners or spray with oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, orange zest, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl gently whisk together Trop50, oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into large bowl of dry ingredients. Use large runner spatula or spoon to gently fold ingredients together. Be careful not to over-mix, as this will result in tougher muffins.
- Evenly distribute muffin batter into prepared muffin pan, filling 12 cups evenly – about 2/3 full.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, checking center for doneness with inserted toothpick coming out with little to no crumbs.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing and transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- For coconut butter glaze, simply warm up coconut butter in microwave until melted. Drizzle muffins with coconut butter. Enjoy!
*Subbing half all-purpose, half whole wheat flour will work here. You should also be able to sub a GF 1:1 all-purpose baking flour
***To make vegan: sub 1 TBS flaxseed meal + 3 TBS water. Let sit for 5 minutes before adding in with wet ingredients as directed above.
Store muffins in airtight container – enjoy within 3-4 days.
Recipe adapted from here
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: healthy whole wheat orange muffins, healthy homemade muffin recipe, vegan dairy free muffins