- 2 cups whole wheat white flour*
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 medium extra ripe bananas, 2 cups mashed very well
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or dry sweetener of choice)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and adjust oven rack to lower (this will help your bread from browning too much on top). Spray 9×5 bread pan, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add 2 cups very well mashed bananas and sugar, whisk until combined. Add in eggs, milk, and vanilla, whisk until completely smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to large bowl of dry ingredients, gently folding in until JUST combined, batter will be thick and heavy.
Avoid over-working the batter, as that will result in a tough bread.
Pour batter into prepared bread pan and bake for 40-50 minutes. Cover top of bread loosely with foil at 20 minutes, to avoid the top from getting too dark. Insert toothpick into middle of bread, it should come out with little to no crumbs when done. Allow bread to cool completely before slicing.
*Whole Wheat flour can probably be subbed but I have not tested this myself. I would just add a couple more tablespoons of liquid. If you try this, please do let me know how it is!
*If you’d like a slightly sweeter bread, bump up the sugar to 3/4 cup.
-This recipe was also tested in a glass loaf pan, at 350F for the first 45 minutes, then an additional 10 minutes at 375F.
-Store bread in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days. Or bread may be stored in fridge for longer.
-Freeze cooled banana bread loaf by wrapping tightly in plastic wrap and foil, baked bread should keep at least 1 month.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 218
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 31