- 2 (15 oz) canned Great Northern Beans (white beans)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or other oil)
- 1 medium-large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt, to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder (or just chili powder)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (4 oz) canned green chilis
- 1 (8.75 oz) canned corn (about 1 cup cooked corn)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1.5 lbs cooked chicken breast, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Drain and rinse the canned white beans. Add half of the beans to a medium bowl and mash until chunky. Reserve the un-mashed and mashed beans for later.
- Heat large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot to medium-high heat. Add oil, onions, garlic, chili seasonings plus salt and pepper; sauté until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add in green chilis and corn, chicken stock, and lime juice then bring to a simmer. Add the beans (both whole and the mashed ones) and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of simmering, taste test (you might find you want additional salt here). Then add in shredded rotisserie chicken and cilantro. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve chili with chips, sour cream, avocado, etc.
Notes: Adding the mashed beans makes this chili a little bit thicker. You can skip that part if you’d like.
Recipe adapted from here.