- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat white flour, or 1:1 all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- zest of 1 medium orange
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree or applesauce
- 3 TBS oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla or orange extract
- 3/4 cup Trop50
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used cashew)
- Prepare waffle maker by preheating and greasing (spray works best).
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients, flour through orange zest. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine pumpkin puree (or applesauce) with oil. Add in eggs one at a time, whisking gently.
- Add in vanilla, Trop50 and milk; whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into large bowl of dry ingredients, whisking together gently until smooth. Batter will be somewhat thick, but not too drippy.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup of batter into preheated and greased waffle maker, and allow waffle to fully cook until lightly golden. I waited until I heard sizzling, which was bout 4-5 minutes. Each waffle iron is different, so be sure to follow your waffle manufacturer’s instructions.
- Gently remove and transfer to warm oven before serving. Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 288mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 47mg