For the bars
- ¾ cup all-natural peanut butter (no oils added)
- ⅓ cup + 2 TBSP brown rice syrup or honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 2 TBSP chia seeds (can omit)
Optional superfood add-ins
- 1 TBSP maca powder or reishi.
- 1/3 cup collagen peptides
- ¼ cup TBSP hemp hearts
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free / vegan as needed)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (helps with smoothing out melted chocolate)
- Sea salt for garnishing, optional but delicious
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large pot over low-medium heat, warm peanut butter and honey (or brown rice syrup) and stir until thoroughly combined. Stir in vanilla then add in brown rice cereal and chia seeds (along with superfood add-ins if using).
- Transfer mixture to pan and press evenly into pan. Use hands if necessary to get nice and flat.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips on ½ power in microwave, in about 20 second increments. Stir in coconut oil to smooth chocolate. Drizzle chocolate over bars in zigzag fashion – or double chocolate for full chocolate coating of topping. Sprinkle sea salt as desired.
- Allow pan to cool and chocolate set at room temp – about 45 minutes – before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Place bars in fridge for faster set time – about 20 minutes – before cutting.
Total time includes cooling time.
- Serving Size: 16 bars
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 42
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0