- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 large egg*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats** (OR 1 1/4 cups whole wheat white flour)
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 TBS butter, ghee or oil (for cooking)
- Add all ingredients to blender starting with milk and ending with salt (through cinnamon if using). Blend until smooth – some oat pieces will remain whole which is okay. Remove blade from blender.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat; once pan is hot add butter or oil.
- Using 1/4 measuring cup, scoop batter and pour onto pre-heated skillet. Careful not to crowd. Cook pancake on on side until edges begin to bubble – about 3 minutes. Using large spatula gently flip and cook for 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Transfer cooked pancakes to warmed oven before serving with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Recipe can be easily cut in half for smaller batch.
Pancakes freeze well once cooled. Simple store flat in a silicone reusable bag or airtight container in fridge or freezer. Reheating in toaster oven is my preferred method.
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 166
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 18mg