These No-Bake Chocolate Cashew Butter Bars are made healthy with vegan protein powder. Healthy enough to have for a protein snack, but great for dessert too! Gluten-free.
for the base:
- 3/4 cup creamy cashew butter* (I used homemade)
- 1 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup organic raw honey, or brown rice syrup if strictly vegan
- 3/4 cup plant protein powder**
- 1/4 cups cashew meal (or almond)
- Line a loaf pan (8×4 or 9×5) with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl add cashew butter, oil and honey or brown rice syrup. Use spoon or rubber spatula to stir until well combined.
- Add protein powder and cashew meal, gently stir until the powder is well mixed in – mixture will be thick, almost feeling like soft cookie dough. You may need to use your hands at the end to combine. Note: plant protein powders are all different and may absorb the wet ingredients differently. If the mix feels dry, simply add 1 TBS milk at a time until the dough comes together.
- Transfer cashew butter dough into lined pan, pressing evenly into all four corners. Transfer to fridge while you make the chocolate topping.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low-medium heat, continuously stirring until smooth. You can also use a microwave, melting in 20 second increments stirring in between each time.
- Remove pan from fridge and pour melted chocolate over top of dough. Return the pan to the fridge and allow the bars to set – about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Allow the bars to sit at room temperature before slicing into 10 bars. Letting the bars sit at room temperature before cutting into will help keep the chocolate top from cracking.
*You can use your choice of thick, creamy nut butter here – almond, peanut butter, or even sunflower seed butter will work.
**I tested this with coconut flour but I didn’t like how soft the bars were and the hard chocolate top when cutting into after chilling. You can sub coconut flour if looking for a paleo version – 1/2 cup coconut flour + 2 TBS is what I used, measured at 70 grams.
***Feel free to use your favorite chocolate here – semi-sweet, milk chocolate, non-dairy-free, etc.
- Category: snacks
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: No-Bake Cashew Butter Bars, healthy protein bars, no bake chocolate bars