- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 6 TBPS maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil (avocado oil, sunflower oil, or melted/cooled coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract (optional, but adds more flavor)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
Preheat oven to 425ºF and line 12-cup muffin pan with liners (or grease); set aside.
In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest; set aside.
In glass measuring cup combine Almond Breeze Almondmilk with lemon juice; set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together maple syrup with eggs, oil and lemon extract. Add about 1 cup of flour and almondmilk-lemon juice mixture. Stir gently and add the remaining flour until almost combined, the fold in raspberries carefully as you continue to stir in the flour until combined. Be careful not to over-mix the batter.
Evenly disperse batter into greased 12-cup muffin pan, filling about 2/3 way full. I use a standard cookie scoop for dispensing batter. Bake muffins for 5 minutes at 425ºF for 5 minutes. Then drop oven temperature down to 375ºF and continue baking for 12-14 minutes. Check middle of muffins with a toothpick, which should come out with little to no crumbs when done. Remove muffins from pan after 5 minutes, then allow to cool on wire rack completely.
- If desired, enjoy with a melted coconut butter glaze. Simple warm glass jar of coconut butter in 15 second increments until coconut butter is in more of a liquid state, then drizzle over muffins. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 203mg
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 31