- 3/4 cup crushed pretzels (GF as needed)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (GF as needed)
- 1 cup peanut butter (or almond or cashew)
- 10 Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1–2 TBSP water
- 12 Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted, soaked, & drained
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBSP cashew butter (or almond)
- 3–4 TBSP non-dairy coffee creamer, half & half or heavy cream (traditional is fine too)
- 1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- mini pretzel twists and sea salt for topping (optional)
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine crushed pretzels, oats, peanut butter, and Medjool dates until broken down and sticky; add coconut oil and 1-2 TBSP water, as needed, for the base to come together. Transfer and press into lined pan; set aside.
- Make the caramel layer: In a small blender, combine drained dates with cashew butter. Blend and scrape down sides as needed, then add cream; blend until Medjool date caramel is smooth. Spread evenly onto base and place pan in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate: In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips on 50% power in 20-30 second increments, stirring in between as needed. Add coconut oil once melted; stir again before pouring on chilled bars. Top with mini pretzels + sea salt, as desired. Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes before cutting into 16 squares.
Make sure to use certified gluten-free pretzels and oats, and dairy-free chocolate chips for gluten-free and vegan option.
- Serving Size: 16 squares
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 118
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 4