Change up your normal waffle routing with these Healthy Blueberry Matcha Waffles! Made dairy-free and gluten-free friendly, bursting with blueberries and amazing topped with coconut butter too!
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBS oil (avocado, sunflower, coconut, etc.)
- 2 TBS granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used cashew)
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 TBS matcha green tea powder (culinary grade)
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat waffle iron and grease if needed.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, oil and sugar. Add in vanilla and milk, gently whisking to combine.
- Add in flour, sprinkle in matcha, baking powder and salt; whisk until no lumps are present. Depending on your flour blend you may need a touch more milk here OR a tiny bit more flour. Batter should be pourable consistency.
- Use 1/4 cup to pour batter into waffle iron; cook on low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until waffles are lightly golden. Every waffle iron is different so cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Keep in warm oven (about 160ºF) until ready to serve. Top with fresh blueberries and maybe some melted coconut butter!
- Waffles freeze great and reheat lovely in toaster.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: waffle iron
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: marcha blueberry waffles, healthy gluten free dairy free waffles