- Preheat waffle iron and grease if needed.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, oil and sugar. Add in vanilla and milk, gently whisking to combine.
- Add in flour, sprinkle in matcha, baking powder and salt; whisk until no lumps are present. Depending on your flour blend you may need a touch more milk here OR a tiny bit more flour. Batter should be pourable consistency.
- Use 1/4 cup to pour batter into waffle iron; cook on low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until waffles are lightly golden. Every waffle iron is different so cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Keep in warm oven (about 160ºF) until ready to serve. Top with fresh blueberries and maybe some melted coconut butter!
- Waffles freeze great and reheat lovely in toaster.
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 267
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 23