1. Preheat oven to 325F and generously grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan, set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat together nut/seed butter with coconut sugar until combined. Add egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking soda and 1 scoop (20g) Vital Proteins Banana Cinnamon Collagen whey. Mix together on medium speed until fully combined. Mixture will feel thick and sticky, and slightly oily.
3. Scoop rounded 1/2 tablespoon of dough into well greased mini muffin pan and press down gently to fill the cavity. You should be able to fill all 24 cups. Bake for about 6-7 minutes. Dough will puff up slightly when baking. Remove pan from oven and using back of teaspoon, create indents into the cookie cups. Allow cups to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing.
4. Make the coconut whipped cream: Place bowl in freezer for 10 minutes before whipping the chilled coconut cream. *Canned coconut milk should be chilled overnight to separate cream from liquid. The cream will be on the top. Do not shake can, and be careful when removing the cream from the liquid. If the cream has hardened to where it looks like there is oil on top, gently remove the hardened oil from from cream. Save the liquid for smoothies. In the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment, whip the coconut cream on low speed for about 15 seconds. Add the Banana Cinnamon Collagen Whey and continue whipping the coconut cream on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add additional sweetener, about 1-2 TBS of honey or maple syrup if needed after taste testing.
5. Once the crust has cooled, add one banana slice into each cookie cup.
6. Next add about 1 tablespoon of whipped coconut cream on top of the banana slice, then top with another banana slice
7. Transfer pan to fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy Banana Cream Pie Cookie Cups chilled, as coconut cream will melt at room temperature.
Cookies may be made one day in advance. Cover tightly, storing at room temperature or in fridge for warmer climates.
*If using coconut whip, allow whip to thaw before whipping together with the banana cinnamon whey, using electric mixer.
Banana Cream Pie Cookie Cups are best enjoyed fresh, store leftovers in freezer for longer periods of time, and allow to thaw before serving.