- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick (8 TBSP) unsalted butter*, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (OR Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Flour)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350ºF; line large baking sheet with parchment paper and set side.
- In large bowl of stand mixer using paddle attachment (or using hand mixer) cream together butter and sugar on high speed for about 2 minutes – mixture should be light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla, beating on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- Add in rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg (if using), baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed until combined, then mix in raisins. Dough will be fairly thick and a little sticky.
- Using medium cookie scoop or rounded heaping TBSP scoop cookie dough (I press into cookie scoop so it’s just barely full) and place on prepared baking sheet. Make sure to leave some room for cookies to spread, about 3″ apart.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes. The middles may seem slightly soft but they will set upon cooling on baking sheet. Make sure to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookie in airtight container at room temperature. Cookies should stay fresh about 1 week (if they last that long).
*Also tested with 6 TBS butter + 2 TBS cashew milk (or milk of choice). These cookies also came out really good, but just spread a bit more. If going this route, I would chill the dough for 45 minutes before baking cookies. You may also sub whole wheat white flour. If subbing with regular all-purpose flour you may need an additional tablespoon. If looking to use plain whole wheat flour, I personally would add 1 tablespoon less. I haven’t tested those combinations out but they should work.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 93
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 28