- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP natural nut/seed butter (I like almond or cashew here)
- 1/4 cup raw honey (or brown rice syrup)
- 1 cup rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill thick-cut gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1/3 cup hazelnut meal
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped or sliced dried figs (I used black)
- Line 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl stir together cashew butter and honey (if super thick, melt on stovetop or microwave in bowl for 20 seconds). Add rolled oats, hazelnut meal, chia seeds, chopped hazelnuts and chopped dried figs; stir until combined – mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Transfer mixture to lined pan and place in freezer to chill for 30 minutes (or fridge for about 1 hour).
- Once bars have hardened, gently lift parchment paper from pan and place bars on cutting board. Cut bars into 12 even rectangles (across the width of the bars) or you can cut into 10 squares.
- For chocolate drizzle: melt 2 TBSP mini chocolate chips with 1/2 tsp coconut oil in microwave for 12-20 seconds. Drizzle onto cold bars and allow chocolate to set before storing bars in fridge.
- Bars will keep in fridge for about 2 weeks, or wrapped tightly in freezer for about 1 month.
Feel free to double recipe and use an 8×8 pan for 12 bars or 16 smaller square bars.
- Category: snacks
- Method: freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hazelnut meal, dried figs, no-bake granola bars