This kale salad is light and refreshing thanks to sweet Texas red grapefruits. Tossed in a simple grapefruit ginger vinaigrette, you will love it! Vegan, paleo, and no added sugars!
for the vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 TBS avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of sea salt
for the salad
- 2 cups chopped kale, plus oil for massaging
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized or thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 large Winter Sweetz red grapefruits (some juice reserved)
- 1 medium avocado, fleshed and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
*Watch this video to segment grapefruits.
- In a small bowl whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Gently massage kale between fingers with oil. Just trust me–it helps release the oils and takes away the bitter taste that is often associated with kale.
- In two medium bowls, evenly divide the kale, spiralized zucchini, purple cabbage, sliced avocados, and grapefruit segments. Drizzle on vinaigrette and top with sliced almonds. Enjoy!
This salad is great on it’s own but would pair really nicely with some grilled mahi mahi, or even grilled chicken.
Salad can be prepped the night before for quick lunch.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grapefruit Kale Salad