A healthy salmon dinner made with a honey grapefruit glaze. Perfect on top of a salad served with grains and your favorite toppings.
- 2, 4oz salmon fillets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of chili pepper
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- juice of 1 large grapefruit, about 1/2 cup
- 1 TBSP coconut aminos or tamari (can omit if needed)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 tsp tapioca flour (for thickening)
for the salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 large cooked red beet, sliced
- 1 small sliced avocado
- goat cheese, optional
- Pat salmon fillets dry; sprinkle on seasoning and finish with salt and pepper. Heat cast iron skillet on stovetop and drizzle with olive oil. Place seasoned salmon fillets on preheated cast iron skillet, skin side down and cook about 3-4 minutes. Transfer skillet to broiler set to 500ºF and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from broiler and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a small skillet over medium heat, add oil and minced garlic to pan; cook for 2-3 minutes. Add grapefruit juice, coconut aminos, honey, ginger and pincy of cayenne; bring to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, until sauce has reduced. While whisking the mixture, add tapioca flour to thicken glaze. Brush immediately over cooked salmon.
- Assemble the salad: in a large bowl toss together salad greens with quinoa. Evenly distribute between two bowls and add your toppings and salmon. Serve with your favorite dressing (I like a simple olive oil cirtrus vinaigrette) and enjoy!
- Category: entree
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cooking with grapefruit, grapefruit recipes, salmon salad