- Preheat oven to 325ºF and place cashews on a large baking sheet. Spread evenly in one layer; toast for 8-10 minutes. Let nuts cool on pan for 10 minutes.
- Place slightly cooled cashews in bowl of food processor with unsweetened coconut and spices; cover with lid. Process until everything breaks down and cashews start to almost get smooth. This is where you can oil to help speed things up. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary. The time it takes will depend on the power of your food processor or blender and bowl capacity.
- Once the coconut cashew butter is almost creamy, add vanilla; continue processing until desired consistency is reached – the longer you process, the smoother and drippier the butter will be. The bowl will likely be warm so allow the cashew butter to cool slightly before putting in jar.
- Transfer Golden Milk Coconut Cashew Butter to 16oz jar with lid. Or divide into smaller jars. Store at room temperature, or fridge for longer period of time.
- Enjoy on toast, over oatmeal, in cookies, or quite possibly by the spoonful.
I love my Breville Food Processor and can’t recommend it enough! Linked here. I’ve had it for 4 years, use it often and it still works like a champ.
You can sub almonds for the cashews, or use part almonds with cashews. You can also omit the coconut if needed. I would just aim for about 4 cups of nuts if omitting the coconut. Almonds also take longer to break down, so keep that in mind when processing.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 11
- Fat: 23
- Saturated Fat: 15
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0