- 8 cups spinach & arugula mix
- 8–12 figs, stems removed, sliced or chopped
- 4oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- balsamic fig dressing:
- 4 figs, stems removed and halved
- 1/4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 TBS pure maple syrup (may leave out if you really like vinegar)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional but makes for unique flavor)
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3–4TBS water to thin
- additional topping ideas: choice of protein, avocado, nuts, seeds, peaches, etc.
- In a large bowl add spinach & arugula mix, sliced figs and crumbled goat cheese.
- In a small food processor or blender add figs, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, stone ground mustard, and couple dashes of salt & pepper if you wish. Start with about 3 tablespoons of water and blend until smooth. If you’d like a thinner dressing, add another tablespoon or so of water and blend again.
- Toss salad with dressing to coat, or allow guests to serve themselves.
-This fig salad would make a great lunch option with additional toppings and your favorite protein.
-Store leftover dressing in fridge up to 1 week. Also makes a great chicken marinade for the grill!
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 22
- Sodium: 105
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 9mg