Crostini makes the best party appetizer. Change things up this year with some goat cheese, avocado, and the sweetest Texas red grapefruit!
- 2–3 large Winter Sweetz red grapefruits
- 1 large baguette (mine was about 2′ long)
- 5oz fresh goat cheese
- 1–2 medium avocados (always safe to grab more than needed!)
- small handful fresh basil
- honey to drizzle, if desired
- Get out cooling rack and line with paper towels. Prepare grapefruit by cutting into segments, and carefully place segments on paper towel to soak up some moisture. Set aside. You’ll need as many grapefruit segments as you have crostini slices.
- Preheat oven to 325F, or use toaster oven. Slice baguette on the bias in about 1″ thick slices (make smaller depending on how many servings you need). Place crostini slices directly on rack and toast for about 5 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove crostini slices from oven and transfer to serving tray, large cutting board, or baking sheet.
- While the baguette is toasting get out goat cheese and slice avocados into thin slices.
- Using cheese knife, spread about 1/2 TBS of goat cheese on each crostini slice, then layer on avocado slice, then grapefruit segment.
- Rub fresh basil leaves between fingertips to release oils, then garnish crostini. If desired, you can add a drizzle of honey for a hint of extra sweetness.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Italian-American
Keywords: Goat Cheese Avocado Grapefruit Crostini, Crostinis, Grapefruit crostini, crostinis with basil