- In a small bowl, stir together flaxseed and water. Let sit for about 5 minutes, until gel forms.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease mini muffin pan with coconut oil, set aside.
- In small food processor/blender, add cooled coconut oil and banana, blend until smooth. You can also mash very well in medium bowl and stir in coconut oil.
- In a large bowl add brownie mix, banana/coconut oil mixture, and flaxseed gel. Stir together until fully combined. Batter should be thick and appear slightly glossy.
- Spoon batter evenly into greased muffin pan, about 3/4 full. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until tops look set and toothpick comes out with little crumbs. It’s okay to go underdone on these since they are vegan Allow brownie bites to cool in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Once cool, carefully remove brownie bites and place on lined baking sheet. If coconut butter is solid, melt in microwave for about 10 seconds until liquid-y. Place about 1 tsp of melted coconut butter over muffins using spoon or knife. Once you’ve covered your muffins with coconut butter, pop pan in freezer for about 5 minutes to set the “glaze”, and enjoy!
*If you don’t have a banana, you may also use about 1/2 cup applesauce in place.
Glazed brownies keep best in airtight container in fridge, while un-glazed brownies may be kept at room temperature. I find I like the fudgy texture of the brownies cold either way.
- Serving Size: 1/24th
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 21mg