- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9″ pie dish, or similar size baking dish with coconut oil (or ghee/butter).
- Evenly spread strawberries on bottom of baking dish and sprinkle on about 1 tablespoon coconut sugar.
- In a medium bowl combine 1/4 cup coconut sugar, rolled oats, almond meal, ground cinnamon, salt and softened coconut oil. Use spoon to start mixing, but work in everything with hands at the end.
- Distribute oatmeal mixture over top of strawberries in even layer.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until oatmeal mixture is golden and crisp. Allow strawberry crisp to cool for 20 minute before serving with your favorite topping. Whole milk vanilla yogurt, ice cream, or whipped coconut cream would all be amazing!
A reader noted they didn’t get the browned topping they were after for a crisp. If you find this is a case, feel free to add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil, ghee or butter to the oat mixture.