- 1.5 lbs cooked chicken breast, pulled (about 4 cups)
- 1 13.5 oz canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 13.5 oz red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
- 1/2 cup organic mayonnaise (I used Woodstock)
- 1 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, add pulled chicken, black beans, kidney beans and red onion. Mix together.
- Add in Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, taco seasoning and lime juice and mix until well combined.
- Fold in your chopped cilantro.
- Serve in your choice of bread, or on top of salad.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days fresh.
-This fiesta chicken salad is perfect for pita pockets, ciabatta buns, or wraps. Its also a great addition topped on salad greens if you’re watching your carb intake.
For any of you looking for a meatless option, try subbing taco seasoned baked tempeh!
*I’ve found the quickest and easiest way to get perfectly cooked chicken breast for shredding is boiling the chicken breast in water for about 10-12 minutes. Check for any pinkness in the middle after 8 minutes, and continue boiling for 2 minute increments until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
*additional add-ins could be to your liking, such as: jalapenos, bell peppers, shredded cheese, or avocado if serving immediately.
* I like mine best with homemade guacamole!
*Nutrition count is based on 10 servings, without addition of bread option.
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 398
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 417mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 60mg