This Blueberry Banana Oatmeal is too good not to share! Made on the stovetop for the best texture. Gluten-free, vegan-friendly and no added sugars. Top with coconut butter for a little extra sweetness.
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used cashew)
- 2/3 cup quick oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small banana, sliced into 1/2
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- coconut butter
- In small saucepan over medium heat add milk, quick oats, chia seeds and cinnamon; stir until thoroughly combined. I opted for no added sweetener but feel free to add in honey or maple syrup to taste.
- Add in sliced banana and blueberries and stir.
- Allow mixture to simmer over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until mixture has thickened to your liking.
- Remove from heat and transfer into two bowls topping with honey, coconut butter, granola or your other favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Recipe can be easily cut in half for one serving, or store leftovers in covered container in fridge; reheat in saucepan.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blueberry Banana Oatmeal, vegan oatmeal breakfast