This Lemon Pepper Tuna Wrap is inspired by the classic fattoush salad. Made with lemon, cucumbers, mint and parsley. Use your favorite wrap or collard greens for a paleo-friendly meal.This post is sponsored in partnership with Safe Catch. As always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I work with that help make this job possible!
Guys it FINALLY feels like SPRING here! The sun was out over the weekend and it was glorious. But I am struggling with the fact that it is almost May – April felt like January for most of the month. And now I am not-so-patiently waiting for all the trees to be green again.
BUT trying to get better at not wishing days away. Not that I wish them away, but you know when you say “I can’t wait for…”
I mostly use it as an expression to share that I am excited for something to come. Some people may use it the same way or they literally cannot wait for whatever it is their waiting for to happen, and want to skip over all of the other stuff.
I’ve been listening to a podcast called The Life Coach School by Brooke Castillo and it’s kind of a game-changer. So many amazing lessons and just straight-forward talk that really gets you thinking.
In Episode #9: It Doesn’t Get Better Than This, Brooke discusses the message of living for the present moment. I’m sure it’s something we can all work on, myself included. But at the same time she goes on to say it’s not that one can’t dream and make plans and think ahead towards the future. It’s more so that you do those things knowing that in the moment you’re in, it doesn’t get better than this. Are you following me?
Well, I highly encourage you to check out the podcast and just start from episode #1. I’m hooked and Brooke’s messages are truly starting to change the way I think about so many things.
And there is absolutely no good segway into today’s recipe without sounding like a complete cornball so we’re just going to jump into it!
Fattoush Salad Inspired Lemon Pepper Tuna Wrap
I know I know, another lemon pepper tuna wrap. But this isn’t any lemon pepper tuna wrap. This one is inspired by the fattoush salad.
What’s fattoush salad? Well, it’s a Mediterranean salad with mainly greens, radishes, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, mint and sumac being one of the traditional ingredients. Typically with fried pita bread tossed in there too, but we’re leaving that out for the wrap version.
So the flavors of the fattoush salad inspired this lemon pepper tuna salad, using Safe Catch Citrus Pepper. The mint and cucumber combo in this tuna salad is so delicious.
You guys probably know by now I seriously cannot get enough of Safe Catch products. I’ve been working with them for the past year and their seasoned line is my favorite to bust out for quick and easy meals. Like this tuna salad recipe is mostly flavored by the Citrus Pepper Wild Tuna, and then the additional fattoush salad ingredients.
what you need
- Safe Catch Elite Seasoned Tuna – Citrus Pepper
- yellow onion
- fresh mint
- fresh parsley
- wraps or collard greens
Okay so here is where I want to give you another option. You can make regular good ole wraps (wheat, white, gluten-free, etc.)
You can also make collard wraps!
The best way to prepare collard greens for wraps is to
- Trim away the middle stem so it’s nice and flat.
- Place in simmering water for 30 seconds
- Remove with tongs and immediately dip in ice bath.
- Pat dry with towel.
- Add lemon pepper tuna filling
- Roll up and cut down the middle
So easy, right!?
And actually way better tasting than you may think. Using collard wraps also makes this recipe paleo and whole30 compliant even.
Either way you want to bundle up this Fattoush Salad Inspired Lemon Pepper Tuna Wrap it makes for a great lunch! Simple to meal prep too.
Hope you enjoy!Print
Fattoush Salad Inspired Lemon Pepper Tuna Wrap [paleo-friendly]
This Lemon Pepper Tuna Wrap is inspired by the classic fattoush salad. Made with lemon, cucumbers, mint and parsley. Use your favorite wrap or collard greens for a paleo-friendly and Whole30® compliant meal.
- Prep Time: 00:15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 wraps 1x
- Category: lunch
Lemon Pepper Tuna Salad
- 2 cans Safe Catch Elite Seasoned Tuna – Citrus Pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sumac
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 TBS freshly chopped mint (about 10 mint leaves)
- 1 TBS freshly chopped parsley
For the Wraps
- salad greens
- sliced radishes (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 wraps or collard greens
- Make tuna salad: In large bowl combined Lemon Pepper Citrus Wild Tuna (juices included) with mayonnaise, sumac, cucumber, onion, mint, parsley and lemon zest.
- Prepare collard greens: Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside. Fill a large deep skillet or large pot with water and bring to boil; reduce water to simmer. One at a time, add collard green leaf to pot and simmer for 30 seconds. Use tongs to remove and immediately place in ice water bath. Gently remove from ice water and place on flat surface, using towel to dry. Continue this process until all collard greens are blanched. (Tip: you can do more than four collard leafs and safe the rest of the greens for more wraps later.)
- Assemble wraps: Lay out 4 wraps or collard greens on flat surface. Place your choice of greens down on each wrap then evenly divide tuna salad amongst all four wraps. Top with radishes and more cucumbers if desired. Fold ends of wrap in first, and continue to roll wrap as you gently push in ends. Place seam side down and cut down the middle.
- Store wraps in airtight container in fridge until ready to be enjoyed.
If meal prepping, enjoy within 2-3 days – the wheat wraps may get a bit soggy so just plan accordingly. You could always prep the tuna salad part first and wrap it up the night before or morning of.
Nutrition calculated using collard green for wrap.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap with collard green
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 618
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 23
- Cholesterol: 56
Rate this Recipe