These healthy grain free Espresso Cashew Butter Cookies are the perfect paleo treat. Bursting with espresso bits and chocolate chunks, made gluten-free and dairy-free friendly.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF an line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using hand mixer–or stand mixer with paddle attachment–mix espresso cashew butter with ghee (or unsalted butter) on medium high speed; add coconut sugar and continue mixing on high speed for about 1 minute. Add in egg and vanilla and mix again on medium-high speed until combined.
- Sprinkle the coconut flour, baking soda and salt evenly over dough. Mix on medium speed or use large spoon to fully combine. Dough should be thick and not too dry, kind of like soft traditional cookie dough. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop dough into round shape, pressing in chocolate chunks as needed. Place on baking sheet and gently flatten with palm of hand. Evenly space cookies about two inches apart. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Careful not to over-bake or cookies will dry out. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies are a little delicate and keep best stored in fridge. I personally enjoy them chilled but they can also sit at room temperature before enjoying.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: espresso cookies, cashew butter recipes, paleo cookie recipes