- 3/4 cup Espresso Cashew Butter <– recipe linked
- 1/4 cup ghee or unsalted butter (or vegan butter)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 oz dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF an line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using hand mixer–or stand mixer with paddle attachment–mix espresso cashew butter with ghee (or unsalted butter) on medium high speed; add coconut sugar and continue mixing on high speed for about 1 minute. Add in egg and vanilla and mix again on medium-high speed until combined.
- Sprinkle the coconut flour, baking soda and salt evenly over dough. Mix on medium speed or use large spoon to fully combine. Dough should be thick and not too dry, kind of like soft traditional cookie dough. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop dough into round shape, pressing in chocolate chunks as needed. Place on baking sheet and gently flatten with palm of hand. Evenly space cookies about two inches apart. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Careful not to over-bake or cookies will dry out. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies are a little delicate and keep best stored in fridge. I personally enjoy them chilled but they can also sit at room temperature before enjoying.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 97
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 9mg