These SUPER EASY Pecan Butter Energy Bites are the perfect snack – you can make them two ways: with oats and honey or with dates! Vegan, gluten-free and paleo friendly.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Purely Pecans. As always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help me bring you new recipes!
Oh em gee my friends – Have you tried pecan butter before?! Because it is straight up heaven.
I’m here sharing a new recipe in partnership with Purely Pecans – a company who makes (you guessed it) PECAN BUTTER.
Did you know that pecans are the most antioxidant-rich tree nut? I had no idea. And one ounce of pecans contains 10% of your daily recommended fiber intake. Along with the fiber from pecans they also contain healthy fats, which means pecans are great for keeping hunger at bay.
- Nuttin’ But Pecans
- Gimme Some Sugar (*sings* “I am your neighbor!”)
- Sea Salt Y’all
- Sweet Potater
CODE: FITMITTEN20 gets you 20% off your order HERE.
All made with pure, quality ingredients and paleo certified. And all taste freaking amazing.
Whether you’re eating them by the spoonful, baking up healthy treats or needing easy snacks, Purely Pecans Pecan Butter are just as versatile as other nut butters out there.
Pecan Butter Energy Bites
It’s never a bad time to make energy bites, amiright?
I’m sharing TWO DIFFERENT WAYS to make pecan butter energy bites – both incredibly easy and vegan-friendly. One way is made with oats (vegan, gluten-free friendly) and the other way is made with Medjool dates (vegan, paleo, Whole30® friendly).
Ingredients needed for energy bites
- Purely Pecans Pecan Butter (any flavor works)
- raw honey or brown rice syrup
- gluten-free rolled oats
- chia seeds
- mini chocolate chips (or dried cranberries, etc.)
How cute is this packaging though?! I’m a sucker for fun branding.
How to make Pecan Butter Energy Bites
- OAT VERSION: You just need a mixing bowl to combine all of the ingredients. Then pop in the freezer for 10 minutes so the mixture is easier to roll.
- PALEO VERSION: You need a food processor or high powered blender to break down the Medjool dates first, then you mix in the pecan butter before adding in the coconut flour last, which will help absorb some extra moisture and help give you a slightly firmer texture. I used my small cookie scoop.
Both energy bites are DEE-LICIOUS and both are the perfect little pick-me-up snack. Not to mention basically the easiest things on the planet to make and prep so you always have snacks on a moments notice.
I don’t have any kids but I can imagine these pecan butter energy bites would be a great snack to give the kiddos, and it kind of doubles as a healthy treat!
Let me know if you try this recipe by leaving a comment and review on the blog! It helps others find the recipe too.
Use the code FITMITTEN20 at purelypecans.com for 20% off your order.
Oat Energy Bites
- 2/3 cup Purely Pecans Pecan Butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
Paleo Energy Bites
Oat Energy Bites
- In large bowl mix together Pecan Butter and honey. Add oats and chia seeds, stir until combined. Add in mini chocolate chips (or your preferred mix-in), using hands to combine at the end if needed. Chill bowl in freezer for 10 minutes for easier rolling. Use rounded tablespoon to scoop energy bites and roll between palms of hand. Place on baking sheet or put in container in single layer before storing in fridge or freezer.
Paleo Energy Bites
- Drain dates and place into bowl of food processor. Using S-blade, process dates until broken down and paste forms. Add in pecan butter and process until just about smooth. With motor running, add in coconut flour until just combined. Remove S-Blade and use small cookie scoop to make energy bites. Place in single layer on cookie sheet or container – store in fridge or freezer.
CODE FITMITTEN20 gets you 20% off your order at purelypecans.com
Pecan Butter Energy Bites best stored in sealed container in fridge or freezer.