- 1 ½ cups whole wheat white flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups non-dairy milk
- Preheat non-stick griddle or frying pan to medium heat. (or add butter)
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and spices) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, egg, oil, sugar and gently pour in milk and whisk until combined.
- Carefully add dry ingredients into bowl of wet ingredients, using whisk to fully mix. Batter will be somewhat thick but pourable consistency. Allow batter to rest for 2 minutes.
- Using ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop batter into pan, making sure to leave enough room for flipping. Cook pancakes on one side until edges start to bubble and you can see the pancakes rise. Flip and continue cooking for anohter 2 minutes on other side, Use flat spatula to carefully transfer to plate or warm oven (200ºF).
- Top with your favorite toppings like maple syrup, a little whipped cream or yogurt, pecans, granola, etc.!
Flour – you can also use half whole wheat flour, half all-purpose flour. i.e. 3/4 cups whole wheat flour + 3/4 cups all-purpose flour. Using a 1:1 gluten free baking flour also works.
*You can make Homemade Pumpkin Spice using this simple recipe that uses just 4 ingredients!
Nutrition based on 1 serving = 3 pancakes
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 184mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 48mg