Need a quick and easy dinner idea for the weeknight? Quinoa Chipotle Pollock Fish Burger Wrap! Prep some of the ingredients 2-3 days before or use leftovers from fajita night and you’ve got yourself the quickest dinner with very little cleanup. Gluten-free friendly.
This post is sponsored by Dr. Praeger’s – as always, all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting Fit Mitten Kitchen!
It is time my friends… to get back into the meal prep game. Why? Because it makes your life easier and less of a mess. Well, the whole prepping thing can get messy but then that means LESS mess to clean up during the week. Which I am sure if you have kids and are looking to make your weeknights a little less crazy, meal prep for the win, amiright?
And I am not talking crazy meal prep or anything – you don’t have to prep EVERY meal. But even starting with one meal can make a big difference.
I mean, I don’t have kids myself but I come from a family of eight so I completely understand chaos and back to school, sports, dance, gymnastics… the whole deal. And while my family didn’t really meal prep, I imagine it would have helped a ton. It also would have helped if we ate normal food and weren’t so picky but I suppose that’s besides the point…
ANYWAYS. Back to school. Meal prep.
Quinoa Chipotle Pollock Fish Burger Wraps
You with me?
But have you tried Dr. Praeger’s yet? They can help make meal prep a breeze. If you’re short on time but still want to feed the family healthy and nourishing meals, there is no shame in going the frozen (convenient) foods route– especially when you know what you’re getting. And with Dr. Praeger’s that is always high quality ingredients with the whole family in mind.
How to make the Chipotle Pollock Fish Burger Wraps
The pollock fish burger patties are frozen and will need to be heated (toaster oven is easiest and you don’t have to watch it) but you will also need:
- lettuce greens
- cooked quinoa
- bell peppers (cooked or raw)
- diced red onion
- avocado (or guacamole)
And basically you’re just building the wrap, duh.
You can prepare the ingredients all at once and you still have yourself a dinner in less than 30 minutes but I was thinking about ways this dinner would be even EASIER and WAY quicker. I’m talking 10 minutes – 15 minutes tops from toaster oven to table:
- Prep the quinoa, peppers, and greens the 2-3 days beforehand.
- Use leftover fajita veggies and toppings from last night’s dinner.
Dinner in less than 15 minutes and little clean up? Count me in. I’m all about those quick dinners if it leaves more time for reading Harry Potter (just getting back into re-reading all of the books) or Netflix couch time. Okay, or maybe a post-dinner walk with the dog. Shoot, we can have it all with 15 minute dinners like this.
Let me know if you try! Leave a comment and review on the blog so I can see what you’re loving.
These Quinoa Chipotle Pollock Fish Burger Wraps make for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Prep some of the ingredients 2-3 days before or use leftovers from fajita night and you’ve got yourself the quickest dinner with very little cleanup. Gluten-free friendly.
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean Chipotle Pollock Burgers
- 4 wraps (gluten-free if needed)
- lettuce greens
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- sliced bell peppers (cooked or raw, about 1 whole)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- chopped cilantro
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, fleshed and sliced (or guacamole)
- dressing (I like a salsa ranch or something similar)
- freshly squeezed lime
meal prep tip: prepare quinoa and bell peppers ahead of time. You can slice bell peppers up and use raw or sautéed.
- Prepare Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean Chipotle Pollock Burgers according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, get out the rest of the ingredients for the wraps.
- Assemble the wraps: Lay wrap on flat surface then add a small handful of lettuce. Add about 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa, a few slices of bell peppers, diced red onion, the burger (chopped if you’d like), sprinkle of cilantro, dressing, avocado slices and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Carefully fold ends of wrap in and roll until closed – secure with toothpick if needed. Dig in!
Keywords: weeknight dinner ideas, fish burger, 15 minute dinners