- 2 cups pecans, lightly toasted
- 2 cups almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup quality dark chocolate chips (or about 4oz bar, chopped)
- 3 TBS cacao powder
- Place slightly cooled nuts in bowl of food processor and cover with lid. Process for about 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl periodically if necessary.
- Once the nuts have broken down and a butter starts to form, add in chocolate chips and cacao powder. Process the butter for another 2-3 minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Transfer Double Chocolate Almond Pecan Butter to jar with lid. Butter can be stored in pantry, or fridge for longer periods of time.
-I like to buy raw nuts and toast them in the oven at 325F for 8-10 minutes (and then allowing to cool slightly) before adding them to the food processor. You can buy pre-roasted nuts if you like, but watch out for unnecessary/added oils. -Process your butter to desired consistency. I like a drippy nut butter so I tend to process a bit longer. If you want thicker, process for less time, or store in fridge to help thicken. -Processing times may vary depending on size and brand of food processor. I own a Breville 12 cup and I highly recommend!
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg