- 6 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 small crisp apple, thinly sliced (I used honeycrisp)
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 8oz fontina cheese, shredded
- cornmeal for dusting pizza crust (optional)
- 12oz pizza dough (I used this recipe)
- pumpkin seeds for topping
- arugula for topping
- Make pizza dough according to recipe instructions. Or use pre-made dough.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lay parchment paper on baking sheet dusting with cornmeal (if using). Or use pizza stone.
- Roll out pizza dough on flat surface before carefully transferring to prepared pan.
- Start layering on thinly sliced apples, cooked/chopped bacon pieces, and chopped Medjool dates, reserving a few for the top layer.
- Sprinkle on cheese until pizza is covered. Top with remaining apples, bacon and Medjool dates.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese has fully melted.
- Remove from oven and top with pumpkin seeds and arugula.
- Allow pizza to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in airtight container in fridge, 1-2 days.
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 409mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 49mg