- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used Cashew, can also use sweetened)
- 2/3 cup coconut cream*
- 1/3 cup water (or another 1/3 cup of non-dairy milk)
- 1.5 TBS unsweetened cocoa
- 3 TBS coconut sugar* (or dry sweetener of choice)
- 1/4–1/2 tsp peppermint extract, to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine the non-dairy milk, coconut cream and water until warm. Add in the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and peppermint extract. Whisk until cocoa and sugar are dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil, then let simmer for 5 minutes while whisking continuously.
- Let mixture cool, then transfer to jar.
*I used Trader Joe’s canned coconut cream. But you can also take a can of full-fat coconut milk and place in the fridge overnight, then when you’re ready to make the recipe, separate/scoop the cream from the milk. Alternatively you could also use the full-fat coconut milk as is. *Add additional sugar, 1-2 more TBS, if you want more sweetness to the creamer. -Start with 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract (or oil) and add from there if you prefer a stronger flavor. Not too much though or it will be overpowering.
- Serving Size: 2 TBS
- Calories: 29
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 2
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0