- 1/2 cup coconut flour* (65g, measured)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup creamy natural nut or seed butter (I used homemade)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar**
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease and line a medium 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until no lumps of coconut flour remain–you can also sift together into bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, nut/seed butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Then add eggs and milk, and whisk again until all wet ingredients are fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients into bowl of wet ingredients, using large spatula to gently combine. Fold in about 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips. Batter should be thick.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan, sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top, and gently press into top of batter.
- Bake pumpkin bread at 375F for about 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out with little to no crumbs. Allow bread to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before gently removing, then cool on wire rack completely, about 20 more minutes, before slicing. Enjoy!
*I highly suggest weighing the coconut flour if you can. But a half cup is what I measured and then weighed. **If you want to take down the sugar a little bit, you could likely go with out the 2 TBS of coconut sugar (I don’t recommend getting rid of the maple syrup, however, because the liquid plays an important part with the coconut flour). Nutrition information based on 10 servings, using unsweetened almond milk and includes chocolate chips. If looking for less added sugar, this bread is still great without the chocolate chips 🙂 Store bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You may also freeze, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1/10
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 14
- Sodium: 272
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 38mg