A simple Pumpkin Bread recipe using coconut flour for a grain-free treat. It’s soft, moist, and easy to make! No oil, low in sugar, plus it’s paleo-friendly. Throw in some chocolate chips and everyone will love this bread!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour* (65g, measured)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup creamy natural nut or seed butter (I used homemade)
- 2 TBS coconut sugar**
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 375F, grease and line a medium 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until no lumps of coconut flour remain–you can also sift together into bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, nut/seed butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup an vanilla extract. Then add eggs and milk, whisk again until all wet ingredients are fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients into bowl of wet ingredients, using large spatula to gently combine. Fold in about 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips. Batter should be thick.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan, sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top and gently press into top of batter.
- Bake pumpkin bread at 375F for about 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out with little to no crumbs. Allow bread to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before gently removing, then cool on wire rack completely, about 20 more minutes, before slicing.
*I highly suggest weighing the coconut flour if you can. But a half cup is what I measured and then weighed.
**If you want to take down the sugar a little bit, you could likely go with out the 2 TBS of coconut sugar (I don’t recommend getting rid of the maple syrup however, because the liquid plays an important part with the coconut flour)
–Store bread in container in airtight container in fridge, should keep up to 5 days. You may also freeze tightly wrapped and stored in container, about 2-3 months.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/10
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 5
Keywords: pumpkin bread, grain free bread, chocolate chip bread