- 1/4 cup almond butter, all natural (I like Woodstock)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, all natural (I like Artisana)
- 1 TBS coconut oil, liquid state
- 1 TBS raw honey, liquid state
- 2 TBScoconut flour
- 1 TBS almond flour
- 2 TBS milled flaxseed
- 3 scoops vanilla brown rice protein powder (I like Sunwarrior)
- 2 TBS unsweetened non-dairy milk* (I used Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
- In a small bowl, mix together your almond and coconut butters, coconut oil, and raw honey.* Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together your coconut flour, almond flour, milled flaxseed, and brown rice protein powder.
- Add your almond butter mixture to the dry ingredients until the mixture has almost come together (this will take a while, be patient).
- Add your milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until the ingredients form a playdough-like consistency. This may take some working with your hands until everything is fully incorporated.
- In a silicone square 8×8 cake pan, or silicone brownie squares mold press your dough mixture down with hands until even and flattened. You can also use a 8×8 baking dish or pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour to set, or overnight. If using an 8×8 pan, bars can be cut into 8. If using a silicone brownie squares mold, just pop the squares out.
- Keep bars in airtight container in fridge up to 2 weeks. Or, place in freezer for up to 3 months.
*If your coconut butter or oil is in a solid state, measure out what is needed and put it in a microwave safe bowl for 5-10 seconds until it is fairly melted.
*Subbing whey protein powder will NOT work for this recipe. The bars will not set and become gooey.
*A plant-based vegan protein powder should work, but I cannot fully vouch for the exact results for this recipe.
*To make these bars vegan, try subbing the 1 TBS of honey with brown rice syrup, or replacing with another TBS of coconut butter.
*Coconut oil and coconut butter are NOT interchangeable. Coconut butter is made from the “meat” or flesh of the coconut and ground into butter. Coconut oil is just the oil extracted from the “meat” of the coconut.
- Serving Size: 2 Squares OR 1 Bar
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 12mg
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg