- 8oz dark dairy-free chocolate, chopped (1 1/4 cups chips)
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup strawberry coconut cashew butter* (see notes for alternatives)
- freeze-dried strawberries
- flaked coconut
- Line mini muffin pan with 12 paper liners, set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, add chopped chocolate (or chips) and coconut oil. Whisk until melted and completely smooth. You can also use microwave using medium microwave safe bowl; melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in about 20 second increments, stirring in between until chips have completely melted. (Just be careful not to burn your chips whichever method you prefer!)
- Scoop 1 scant tsp of melted chocolate into 12 muffin liners. Transfer pan to freezer and allow chocolate to set for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile if mixing freeze-dried strawberries with ready-made cashew butter, process 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries into fine powder and stir in with cashew butter. Or make strawberry coconut cashew butter.
- Take muffin pan out of freezer. Using ½ teaspoon, scoop a rounded ball of the strawberry coconut cashew butter (equal to about 1 tsp) and place on solid chocolate. Gently press butter down a little bit with back of teaspoon to flatten. Cover in more melted chocolate, about another teaspoon. Sprinkle with flaked coconut and/or freeze-dried strawberries if desired. Transfer pan back to freezer for another 5 minutes until set.
- I like to store my chocolate cups in the fridge, then allow to come to room temperature before eating. Enjoy!
If not using the recipe for Homemade Strawberry Coconut Cashew Butter, process 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries into powder using a small blender or processor. Then simply mix in the strawberry powder into 1/4 cup cashew butter by hand. Stir in the coconut flakes or omit.
- Serving Size: 1/12th
- Calories: 69
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg