Protein-packed Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal Cups. Perfect for on-the-go breakfast and snacking! Gluten-free and 13 grams of protein.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Vital Proteins. As always, all opinions expressed are my own. I only work with brands who I trust, use and can recommend personally. Thank you for your support!
Friends, I just have to share something with you I’ve been thinking about lately.
The other week while I was starting my day, I had CBS This Morning on. I mostly just have it on for background noise some mornings, while I get through some emails, check Instagram, etc. They welcomed Ice Cube on–yes, rapper/actor, just stick with me–and I was half watching, half working. He started talking about his new projects, and then it jumped to family, and what his parents taught him. All of the sudden I was fully engaged listening to him speak about his family, teaching his kids to be present, “not just there”, and the lessons he learned from his parents.
Being that –>
“Life is only going to present you with so many opportunities, and you’ve got to have the courage to seize the moment, and you can’t hold yourself back by not stepping through those open doors when they present themselves.”
Damn, Ice Cube. That is pretty legit.
I think we often put celebrities, famous speakers, our career idols, etc. on these pedestals but we forget that they too, started somewhere. They too, have fears. I think we all can relate to what he is saying, in some way or another. If you’re not open to experiencing new things, open to new opportunities, you’ll always be questioning, “What if…?” Or “Why can’t I do that?”
Right. Why can’t you? What is holding you back?
In this age of social media, being constantly surrounded by what others are doing, it is easy to find ourselves questioning our own choices. We (collectively) question everything from our food choices to how we exercise to where we vacation to what we watch on TV. Those days that make up the way we live our lives, start to feel as if we’re doing it wrong. We start to get jealous, lose perspective, maybe just give up on living the life we actually want for ourselves. But why?
I’ve been quite reflective lately (thanks to podcasts, journaling and practicing gratitude) and listening to that interview got me thinking. It got me thinking about all of the BS I (we) consume daily, the comparison that follows, and whether or not I was letting that get in the way of how I truly want to live my life. You know what I mean? You can only take in so much information before you’re like, “Wait… am I even living my life? The way I truly want to…?”
It is important to be able to recognize when you’re caught up in moments like these. The more self-awareness you have, the more you’ll be able to reflect on these times and do something about it. Take action, “seize the moment.”
Anyways… I just wanted to share that with you because it is something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately. And maybe it will help you see the situation you’re in, in a different light.
“Life is only going to present you with so many opportunities, and you’ve got to have the courage to seize the moment…”
I suppppooseee we can talk about these Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal Cups now 😀
We’re packing these baked oatmeal cups with loads of protein so they’re a super filling snack. Thanks to the Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and the Vital Proteins Collagen Whey Cocoa.
What you need
- rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- Vital Proteins Collagen Whey Cocoa
- cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- baking powder
- natural peanut butter
- plain Greek yogurt
- milk of choice
- mini chocolate chips
It’s pretty simple to throw these ingredients together. You just mix the wet ingredients and add them into the bowl of dry ingredients. Fill the muffin cups with the batter, bake for about 15 minutes or so, and you have these perfect baked oatmeal cups ready to go!
I’ve been enjoying these this week as a filling snack. They have approximately 11 grams of fat, 31 grams of carbohydrates, and 13 grams of protein (calculated with ingredients listed in recipe).
I prefer them warmed up, almost like you’re eating actual baked oatmeal, but they’re also great for grab-n-go too!
And if you’ve got some extra time on your hands, add that PB DRIZZLE.
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Whey Cocoa* (20g each scoop)
- 2 TBS cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter** (crunchy or creamy)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 TBS oil (I used avocado, but melted and *cooled* coconut oil works too)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt*** (I used non-fat)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 12-cup muffin pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oats, collagen whey protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine peanut butter, honey and oil until well combined. Add in greek yogurt and eggs, stirring gently until combined. Add in milk, stir again until combined.
- Add bowl of wet ingredients into large bowl of dry ingredients. Use large rubber spatula to gently combine, then fold in mini chocolate chips. Batter will be thick and wet.
- Evenly distribute batter into greased muffin cups, filling to top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until middle is set. Allow oatmeal cups to cool in pan before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store oatmeal cups in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days. May store in fridge or freezer for longer periods of time.
*I did not test this with plant-based protein. If you try, let me know! **Can sub other natural nut/seed butters ***Could probably sub a dairy-free yogurt alternative, but I did not test this myself. If you try, let me know 😀 recipe adapted from here
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 144mg
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- What have you done lately that took courage, where you seized the moment?
pin for later
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing products listed through the links comes at no extra charge to you, but I will receive a small commission. Thank you so much for supporting Fit Mitten Kitchen.