- 1 TBSP instant coffee or 2 tsp espresso powder*
- 1 TBSP non-dairy coffee creamer or milk of choice
- 1 1/4 cups oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/4 cup plant protein powder**
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 2/3 cup tahini (or sunbutter)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 TBSP maple syrup***
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- In small bowl combine instant coffee with creamer (or milk) and stir until coffee has dissolved; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, cocoa powder, protein powder and chia seeds; set aside.
- In a small bowl add tahini, honey and vanilla extract; stir with spatula or spoon until combined.
- Add tahini mixture to your bowl of dry ingredients, stirring gently with sturdy spatula or wooden spoon until mixture comes together. Add coffee-milk and chocolate chips, stir until mixture is combined. If mixture seems dry, add another tablespoon of milk. Use your hands if necessary to ensure everything is well coated and combined.
- Using a rounded tablespoon scoop dough and roll into balls. You should get about 20 balls. Store balls in airtight container in the fridge up to 2 weeks, or store in freezer for a longer period of time, about 1-2 months if stored properly.
*Feel free to add more coffee flavor if you prefer a stronger coffee taste. **Plant protein powders will vary but I like Aloha Protein and Vega. Adding milk 1 tablespoon at a time will ensure you don’t add too much liquid. If you feel like your mixture is too sticky/wet, simple add in some more cocoa powder or another tablespoon of protein powder. ***You can likely omit the maple syrup if you prefer – I added it to make sure the tahini wasn’t too overpowering and there was the right balance of sweetness.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 28
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0