Gluten free and dairy free cashew butter cookies dipped in chocolate. No butter used in this recipe, just the creamy cashew butter. Soft, melt in your mouth cookies!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl using electric mixer, mix together cashew butter and sugar until combined – about 1 minute. Add in large egg and vanilla mixing on low speed until combined. Add flour and salt mixing on low to medium speed until fully combined. Dough should be soft and easily scoopable.
- Using a slightly rounded tablespoon, scoop dough and roll into palm of hands. Use large fork and press into dough balls to make criss cross pattern. Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes. Allow cookies to set on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- To melt chocolate, place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. On half power, microwave chips in 30 second increments, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Dip completely cooled cookies into melted chocolate, chipping halfway. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and cover with sprinkles if desired. You can set chocolate at room temperature or pop tray in fridge.
*I used my homemade cashew butter recipe, as well as Abby’s Better Nut Butter Strawberry Cashew Butter. Any creamy cashew butter will work (my homemade espresso cashew butter would be delicious too!) just make sure it is stirred well (if oily) before mixing with sugar.
**You can sub whole wheat white flour with similar results. You can also omit the flour, but the dough will be much stickier. When testing this way, I chilled the dough for 30 minutes and had to use a fork dipped into water before making the criss cross pattern each time.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free cookies, valentine's day cookies, recipes using cashew butter