- 3 TBS butter*, melted
- 3 TBS coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 TBS granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBS whole wheat white flour*
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 TBS semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 TBS 60% dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a mini 6″ cast iron skillet well with butter or oil, set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together melted butter and sugars until well combined. Add in egg and vanilla and stir until evenly mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Batter will not be like traditional cookie dough, it will feel more like cake batter. Add in chocolate chips, then pour batter into grease skillet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until edges are slightly browned.
- Serve with favorite ice cream and share with your loved one! (Or keep it to yourself, no judgement.)
*you may use coconut oil in place of butter to make dairy-free, or avocado oil as well. Because the cookie dough is contained in the skillet, no need to worry about spreading.
*whole wheat white flour does give the cookie a slightly bread-like texture compared to traditional all-purpose flour. You may be sub with 3 TBS whole wheat + 3 TBS unbleached all-purpose. Or you could also do 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose. The texture of the cookie will change slightly depending on which flour you decide on.
recipe adapted from here
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 523
- Sugar: 45
- Sodium: 461mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 139mg