Quick and easy fudge pops! Made with just 5 ingredients, vegan, paleo and no added sugars! A healthy treat you will feel good about and perfect anytime of day.
- 1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk, shaken (lite or full fat)
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter
- 6 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Make sure to shake up canned coconut milk before measuring into cup. If it sounds like cream is solid, place can in sink or bowl filled with hot water.
- Set up 6 popsicle molds. I use these.
- Add coconut milk, cashew butter, pitted Medjool dates, cacao or cocoa powder and vanilla extract to high powered blender or food processor.
- Turn blender on medium speed for about 10 seconds before blending on high for about 1 minute, or until mixture is completely smooth. Scrap down the sides of blender or processor bowl as needed.
- Carefully pour mixture into molds, filling about almost to the top. Cover with popsicle stick handle. I opted to place wooden popsicle sticks in after freezing 1 hour.
- Freeze for at least four hours.
- To remove fudge pops from molds, you can let the molds sit out at room temperature for about 10 minutes, or run under hot water for about 20 seconds and gently apply pressure around mold to loosen before removing. Enjoy!!
Full fat canned coconut milk will provide a creamier texture but you can also use lite canned coconut milk. I would suggest using the canned variety, but a creamy and thicker cashew milk (maybe even homemade) could also work – the texture will just be a bit icier, less creamy.
Sub creamy natural peanut butter, almond butter or possibly even tahini if you’re a fan of it.
If Medjool dates are on the drier side, soak in warm water for 5 minutes, then drain before adding to blender.
- Category: dessert
- Method: freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade fudge pops, vegan fudgsicles, healthy chocolate popsicles, summer desserts