- 15 ounce canned chickpeas, drained, dried well and loose skins removed
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 heaping tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 heaping tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For the bowl
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly slices
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
lemon tahini dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1–2 TBSP non-dairy milk, for thinning as needed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- Roast Chickpeas: Preheat oven to 400ºF and line medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure chickpeas are completely dry and loose skins removed. In medium bowl add oil, chickpeas, and spices. Mix to combine and transfer to baking sheet. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until crispy. Remove pan from oven and allow chickpeas to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the quinoa and chop vegetables.
- Make the dressing: in a food processor, small blender or using an immersion blender, combine all dressing ingredients until smooth. Add water or non-dairy milk (for creamier texture) to thin dressing as desired.
- Assemble bowls: Distribute romaine and quinoa into two bowls. Add roasted chickpeas, sliced cucumber, red onion, tomatoes and drizzle with a generous serving of lemon tahini dressing. Enjoy!