- 1 1/2 TBS milled flaxseed + 1/4 cup water*
- 1 cup favorite creamy, all natural nut or seed butter (I used homemade cashew almond blend)
- 1 TBS coconut oil**, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2oz dairy-free dark chocolate chunks
- In a small bowl mix together the milled flaxseed and water. Let sit for 5 minutes to until gel-like consistency.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together cashew butter, softened coconut oil and coconut sugar until well mixed. Add in flaxseed “egg” and vanilla and mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt evenly over dough. Use large spatula or spoon to fully combine. Dough should be thick and slightly oily. Gently fold in chopped chocolate chunks.
- Using tablespoon, scoop dough into round shape, pressing in chocolate chunks as needed. Place on baking sheet and gently flatten with palm of hand. Evenly space cookies about two inches apart. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Careful not to over-bake or cookies will dry out. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Cookies may feel slightly doughy, but since there is no egg this is okay! 🙂
*can sub 1 egg if not vegan
**can sub butter if not vegan
I stored my cookies in the fridge and they made the best cold treat!
Recipe adapted from my Turmeric Cashew Butter Cookies. If looking for another option to use egg and/or butter you can use this recipe and omit the turmeric if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/14th
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 126mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg