- 2 cups rolled oats, gluten-free
- 3/4 cup gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour*
- 2 TBS flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/4 cup creamy nut/seed butter**
- 2 TBS molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature***
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, or silicone mats.
3. In large bowl, using stand mixer with paddle attachment or electric hand mixer, cream together coconut sugar with softened coconut oil and nut/seed butter until creamy, about 1-2 minutes (Do NOT use melted oil).
4. Add in molasses, egg, and vanilla. Beat until combined
5. Add dry oat-flour mixture to large bowl of wet ingredients. Use sturdy rubber spatula or large wooden spoon to combine.
6. Fold in dried cherries using large wooden spoon.
7. Using medium cookie scoop (or about 1 1/2 TBS), scoop dough balls and place on prepared cookie sheets, leaving about four inches of room in between. See picture in post of cookie sheet for how to space cookies.
8. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
9. Store cookies in airtight container. Cookies will stay fresh up to one week–if they last that long 🙂
*regular all-purpose, white whole wheat, or whole wheat pastry flour all should sub just fine if gluten is not an issue.
**the original recipe calls for softened butter. Feel free to sub the nut/seed butter with butter if not dairy-free. It will make the cookie texture slightly more crispy.
***using a room temperature egg will make sure the coconut oil doesn’t solidify when mixing. Run egg under hot water for 1-2 minutes to warm slightly.
Adding in a 1/2 cup of dairy-free mini chocolate chips would also be an excellent idea for this recipe 😀
Recipe adapted from Whole Wheat Oatmeal Berry Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 131mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 9mg