- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 TBS chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (dairy-free if needed)
- 2/3 cup creamy natural nut or seed butter (I used homemade)
- 1/3 cup raw honey or brown rice syrup
- In a large bowl combine oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, chopped dried cherries and mini chocolate chips.
- Add in nut/seed butter and honey; use sturdy spatula or spoon to combine. You may need to work the mixture together with your hands to fully combine at the end.
- Place bowl in freezer for about 10 minutes (or fridge for 20 minutes). The cold mixture will make forming the energy balls a lot easier.
- Using a 1/2 round tablespoon, scoop mixture into rounded balls and roll between palms to shape. You should get roughly 24 rounded tablespoon size balls.
Store energy balls in airtight container in fridge about 2 weeks. Or freezer about 2-3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 33
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0