- 6 TBSP butter, divided
- 3 TBSP flour (1:1 gluten-free all purpose may be used)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups milk of choice (I like unsweetened plain cashew milk)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lb (32oz) packaged diced potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly grease 9×13 baking casserole dish with butter; set aside.
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add 4 tablespoons butter with flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper; whisk continuously until mixture starts to bubble – about 2 minutes. Slowly add in cashew milk and stir continuously for 4-5 minutes, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- In bottom of greased baking dish, add thawed diced potatoes. Add sauce mixture, Greek yogurt, sour cream, shredded cheese and cubed cheese. Stir until well combined – this can also be stired together in a bowl and transferred to pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes uncovered. During the last 5 minutes of baking, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and combine with corn flakes cereal. Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle on the corn flakes, and more shredded cheese (if desired). Bake for another 15 minutes until top has bubbled. Option to switch oven to “broil” for last 3-4 minutes to brown top even more.
- Allow mixture to stand for about 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you want extra cheesy potatoes, add another 1 cup of shredded cheese to the mix. My family loves cheesy potatoes so if I try to go too light on them, they’d shun me.
- Serving Size: 1/12th
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 268mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 34mg