- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Cassava Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter or ghee, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or dry granulated sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter with coconut sugar until fully combined – it should look like a dark, sticky caramel. Whisk in honey until combined, then whisk in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
Slowly add flour mixture to the large bowl of wet ingredients. Cassava flour is very fine, so be sure to incorporate slowly. Then fold in the chocolate chips. Batter will be wet and not as thick as a traditional cookie dough.
Spread batter evenly into an 8×8 pan, pushing into all four corners. Top with more chocolate chips if desired. Bake for about 18-22 minutes, just until edges are golden. The middle may appear underdone but check with an inserted toothpick for wet batter. If the toothpick comes out clean, they’re done.
- Allow pan to cool for at least 1 hour before lifting parchment paper and setting on cutting board. Using a large sharp knife, cut bars into 16 squares. Tip: clean knife with wet paper towel in between each cut. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/16
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 120
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 12
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 12
- Cholesterol: 71