- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Cassava Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 medium extra ripe bananas, equal to 1 1/4 cups well-mashed
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP avocado oil (olive, sunflower or melted/cooled coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup*
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP non-dairy milk of choice (hemp, cashew, coconut, oat, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl add mashed banana and whisk in oil, maple syrup and milk until combined. Add in eggs and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- Carefully add dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients, being careful not to over-stir.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, until inserted toothpick in center comes out clean. Check at 35 minutes, cover top with foil if browning too much. Check in 5 minute increments until bread is done.
- Allow bread to cool in loaf pan about 15 minutes before removing and slicing. Enjoy!
There is not a good sub for cassava flour without changing the recipe. Please see my other banana bread recipes here.
If you want a sweeter bread, add about 1/4 cup granulated sugar (coconut, date, etc.) while mashing the banana.
Feel free to add about 1/2 cup chocolate chips if you’d like.
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g