- 3/4 cup cashews
- ½ –¾ cup boiled water
- 2.5 TBSP nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp Adobo sauce (optional but adds a chipotle smoky flavor)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add cashews to 1/2 cup of boiled water and let sit for 5 minutes. While the cashews are soaking, gather the rest of your ingredients.
- In blender cup, add cashews in water, nutritional yeast, juice of 1 lime, garlic clove, coconut aminos, adobo sauce if using, salt, cumin chili powder and onion powder. Blend until smooth creamy consistency forms – a high powdered blender or NutriBullet works best.
- Check for spice level, cheesy factor and consistency – if you want a little thinner queso, add an additional 2-4 TBSP water and blend again.
- Serve with your favorite chips, these tacos, or even a burrito bowl.