- 1 (14 ounce) canned coconut milk (full-fat or lite)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- Add milk, broth, garlic, fresh ginger, salt, ground coriander and cumin to Instant Pot. Stir then add in carrots and onions, stirring until combined.
- Cook on manual mode for 15 minutes. Quick release pressure, cool 10 minutes before using immersion blender or transferring to blender using soup/puree function. Blend until smooth, adding more broth for desired consistency.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, serve with your favorite french bread for dipping if you’d like!
This recipe is a great base to add in some extra flavor variations too. Try adding 1 TBSP of red curry paste. Or even 2 TBSP creamy peanut butter. 1 tsp of curry powder or turmeric would be delicious too.
Prep time includes the time it will take the pressure cooker to build pressure before cooking