These California Veggie Burgers from Dr. Praeger’s are made into a burrito bowl dinner that is easy to prep and super satisfying! Vegan-friendly.
- 2 Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burgers
- 4 cups salad greens (spring mix, spinach, kale, etc.)
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 medium sweet sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1 small ripe avocado, pitted and fleshed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (I just used store-bought)
- favorite dressing (I like this one for this recipe)
- Prepare rice and sweet potato: cook rice according to package instructions; set aside when done. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375ºF and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cubed sweet potatoes on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil; use hands to fully coat. Bake sweet potatoes for about 18-20 minutes or until soft. Note: the larger the cubes, the longer they will take to cook. I cut my sweet potato up into fairly small cubes.
- Cook Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burger according to package instructions and preferred method.
- Assemble the burrito bowls: Evenly distribute leafy greens, rice, cooked sweet potatoes, black beans, sliced avocado and pico de gallo between two bowls. Top with slightly cooled California Veggie Burger and drizzle on favorite dressing. Enjoy!
This recipe is great for meal prep! Simply get together all of your ingredients (except veggie burgers) and evenly distribute them into containers to store in fridge. Then all that is left to do is to cook the veggie burger when it comes to meal time.
*Nutrition info approximate and based on ingredients listed, without dressing.
You can also easily double this recipe for meal prep or family size servings.
Cook time includes the time it takes to cook sweet potatoes, rice and veggie burgers
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 434
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 17g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: veggie burgers, california burger, easy vegan dinners